DWC - Dynamic Wheel Base Control
Practical relief of the drive axle.
The DWC unit allows a three-axle semitrailer the use of almost the same functions which would otherwise require integration of an axle lift and / or rear steer axles.
Automatic dynamic Wheel Base Control.
The wheel base is reduced by easing the pressure of the air bag on the last axle. The resultant theoretical extended rear overhang provides a counterweight for loading over the 5th wheel. Thereby, the 5th wheel is relieved so that the semitrailer can now be further loaded. The dynamic Wheel Base Control automatically checks the load on the first and the second axle up to the permissible axle load and dynamically checks the load of the third axle thereafter. The system can be turned off using Wabco Smartboard.
The advantages for truck:
- Relieving the load on the drive axle when the trailer is partially loaded.
- Reduction in damage to tyres and driving axle.
The advantages for trailer:
- Reduction in damage to tyre on first and third axles.
- Optimized maneuverability and movement around corners.
- Alternative to steering axle.